Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Some Army Perspective

After spending 22 years in the Army, I should have picked up on this sooner.  I've been contemplating how I tend to focus on the negative, and how I am trying to change that.  Well, I don't think I will ignore the negative, as that is also an important part of life.  I will try adopting the Army way of After Action Reviews (AARs), where we had to list "3 Up, 3 Down."  In other words, we couldn't just complain, we had to mention things that went well.  I'm not going to stick to just three if things are going really well.  :) 

UP:
*Mom's tests came out GREAT and it turns out she has really bad allergies.
*We had bacon.  YUM!
*We get another sewing lesson today.
*I got an MP3 player FINALLY after waiting two years, because it was a close-out model on sale.  YEAH!
*I started Meg's birthday shopping already.
*We are going to Apple Works tomorrow with friends.
*The girls have been creative on their own with unschooling.  Reading, playing outside, LEGO's, bird research, books on CD, model rocketry research...

DOWN:
*I woke up with a headache (still here).
*So far today I spilled my coffee, dropped a piece of bacon, and dropped the waffles...I have the "dropsy's."
*I need to fold and put away laundry (which I probably still won't do).
*I have a pile of dishes to do.
*Tried to get Megan to use the typing CD to learn to type faster, and she freaked out and wouldn't do it. She just hates canned curriculum.  :(

So far, my UP list is much better than the DOWN.  Life is good!

No comments: