Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Kitten Adoption

A few weeks ago, we had a pregnant stray move in with us. After having four kittens, one died at four weeks of age, and now the others are ready for new homes.

Lily (a little gray and white girl) was the first adopted out, and as of last night she is now living with Leah and Kyler Lee (my niece and her new husband). I don't know what name she will have now, but I imagine it will be creative and have some Japanese influence. I wish we could keep all the kittens, but we just can't take care of so many cats. Good luck, Lily!

The girls handled it much better than I thought. They didn't cry at all and just petted her and kissed her good bye. When did my girls mature and grow up so much?

A friend in the Army will get Hugo, the orange boy cat. We will keep Rose, the little Calico. Now we have to get Hermione (the mother) fixed so we don't have to find more homes for more kittens!

No comments: