Wednesday, February 9, 2011

OCD 2

We did end up going to the doctor to get Sami tested for the strep virus.  I don't know any results yet, but am anxiously awaiting. 

This week her OCD syptoms have spiralled out of control.  It's been difficult for all of us.  We are doing the CBT excercises but it's too early to see any results yet.  We did give her OCD a name (Homer), have completed her OCD "map" and put a "temperature" on everything.  The map lists all over her obsessions and compulsions, and the temperature puts them in most difficult to resist to easier to resist order.  We start with the easiest to battle and work our way up the list little by little. 

The hard part is that I HAVE to let Sami be in control or it won't work.  I can't resist the urges for her, and it breaks my heart to see her suffer.  She wants to be better so badly and she hates what OCD has done to her.  We did this once, and we will do it again. 

I am very close to going ahead and trying an SSRI on her to give her a boost just to get this train rolling in the right direction. 

It's so difficult trying to manage with OCD's demands even when we are at home, but going out has become a nightmare.  Activities that we love are making me sick with worry because Homer hates to be out with germs and hates to touch the car.  We have story time at the library tomorrow and a Valentine's Day party Friday.  I pray that we can actually make it and I pray that once there that everything will go smoothly.

It's night, so I'm signing off.  Night time has become extremely difficult as well because Homer won't let her sleep and tells her horrible things.  Listening to stories on CD really helps, and I hope it works again tonight.  I'm exhausted. 

No comments: