Thursday, February 24, 2011

Crafty Days

We've been working on bead jewelry again this week. 

This is what Megan made.  She chose glass mushroom beads to make a bracelet and matching earrings.  The earrings are a little heavy, so she wants to save those for special occasions. 


This is what Sami is working on.  She chose Swarovski crystals in red, simple beads in clear and blue, and eventually she will add a clear and blue heart pendant.  Sami is very meticulous and is taking her time finishing her project.  I can't wait to show her finished project.   


I used multi-colored beads, but I'm not sure what they are made of...I just thought they were pretty.  Polymer, maybe?  I added some odd and end glass beads in between.

Beading is a fun project, but can quickly turn expensive if one isn't disciplined when picking out beads.  I had a couple of tools left over from years ago when I wanted to do beading (but never got around to it), and we now have the metal thingies (pins?) to connect the beads.  Now the only expense is buying the beads and being careful not to buy too many.

No comments: