Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Out of the Mouths of Babes

I was helping Megan with a little painting project (painting a volcano). I got out my acrylic paints and good brushes to do the job and we got to work.

When I saw all my nice painting supplies out, I commented, "I really miss painting. I really enjoyed it."

She looked at me seriously, and told me in a lecturing tone, "Then why don't you do it? If it's your hobby, you should do it. If you're not doing it, then it's just something you do. You need to do your hobby."

She's right. I always find reasons why I can't paint. Too busy. Too much school work. Too many errands. Too many dishes. Too tired. etc... (insert excuse here)...

I left out my brushes. I'll see if I can take my own 6 year old's advice and actually start painting again. I do love it.

No comments: