Saturday, August 9, 2008

Confidence in Homeschooling

What a difference a year makes. Last year I was so worried that I would screw up homeschooling. I was afraid that I would miss teaching them something that all the PS school kids were learning.

This year I just don't care how my kids compare. My kids are going at the level that is comfortable for them and for me, and everything feels so right! There are subjects that my kids are way above grade level in, but not everything is perfect. We are always learning, improving, adjusting, and going with what works.

I am no longer keeping up with the Jones' in homeschooling. We are blazing our own path, and it feels great. I am so grateful for the others who blazed trails in HS prior to me. I am able to pick and choose what I like and customize it for my family.