Sunday, August 10, 2008

North to Alaska


Today my family is having a party for my brother, Jeff. He is going to teach in the Chatham School District in Angoon, Alaska this year (on Admiralty Island, 60 miles SW of Juno). He will specialize in special education. We're all saying our farewells (for now), since he'll probably be gone the entire school year. I offered to give him some articles out of my hunting magazines about bear attacks. He declined, but he said I could give him articles on preventing bear attacks!


Jeff is like me in some aspects. He is very conservative, but he teaches at public schools. What a quandary? Nope! I think he likes to use the opportunity to drive the liberal NEA people nuts!


His wife and kids are staying here in Indiana, so we're going to help her out with anything she needs.


I was really hoping to fly up there sometime this year to visit, but after I found out the prices of airline tickets, I think I'll write emails instead.

No comments: