Thursday, December 20, 2007

Santa and Story Time

The girls got to see Santa today. What a thrill! I love that they still believe in the magic of Christmas. I got a photo, too. I don't want to forget how they looked when their eyes sparkle when they talk to Santa. Poor Santa must have been pretty hot in that red suit. The nice ladies with him had a fan blowing on him for comfort. Does Santa have hot flashes?

Then the girls picked out presents for the grandparents. They already knew what they wanted to get, it was just a matter of finding them. And I didn't have to carry Megan through the whole trip...that was my present!

We finished up the day with Family Story Time at the Brown County Public Library. Chris and Martha had a fire going in the meeting room (in a fireplace, of course!) to make it cozy. They told stories and sang songs, and the whole event was enjoyable. Sami was a little cheezed that she didn't get to pick out her own jingle bell. I think that she quite opinionated and is anxious to share her opinion with anyone. I just need to learn to funnel that energy and thinking in the right direction, or I'm in for it!

No comments: