Thursday, December 13, 2007

The Indianapolis Museum of Art


We had a great time going to the Art Museum. I did hit the wrong exit and ended up being five minutes late, thus missing "teeing off" with the CAHE homeschool group. Darn it, I missed getting a sticker with my name on it (HI, MY NAME IS DAZED AND CONFUSED). There was a Roman art exhibit, on loan from the Louvre. The girls liked the pieces that had animals in them, and they let me know that they could tell which ones were boy statues :) Who needs sex ed? Just take them to the museum! :)

My favorite was the impressionist art, both American and European. It's awe inspiring to see something actually created by Monet or Cassatt. I get so frustrated with the French style of government and attitudes, but they sure know how to paint and cook. The girls are learning to tell the difference between impressionism and realism. And they loved the Christian art exhibit, with Mary and Jesus.

We saw the Roman art, European art, American art, Asian art and a textile display with Dior dresses (and other designers) that the girls went crazy over.

It was exhausting, especially considering that Megan wanted to be carried since "her legs were too tired." I should have had her carry me. Or drag me. Or push. I wouldn't have cared.

No comments: