Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Getting Ready for Christmas & Still Learning

We're just about ready for Christmas. Sami's been making paper gifts for everyone, then asked that we make her one, too. I love watching the kids get ready for Christmas! They are so excited. Making crafts is very education for the both of them...They learn how to cut and paste and see things in 3-D, then we all get to learn about Home Ec. Home-Ec in this case means "cleaning up the millions of paper and tape bits that have managed to float throughout the house and land on every conceivable surface."

While Dave we out deer hunting, the girls and I took Dave's parents to the Franklin Community Church's "Puppets of Praise" show on Sunday. The kids really liked it, as it told of the real meaning of Christmas. Then they got to sample tons of home-made cookies and go out for pizza. What a great night! Dave and I are blessed to have such great parents.

We've been doing a bunch of "Physical Education" this past weekend. It snowed and we've been sledding. The top of the snow was like ice, and the girls went down like rockets. Even with Dave at the bottom of the hill to stop them, they managed to hit sapplings, downed logs, briars, and stopped short of going into a shallow creek. The Pug even managed to go down once or twice with them. I wiped out once (in the briars, thank you very much), and the Pug gave me "mouth-to-mouth" to assist me. Licked me all over my face!

No animals or children were harmed in the making of this blog.

No comments: