Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Too Many Interruptions, Part II

After reading Christy's blog, I see that I need a lot more tweaking on my resolve to eliminate interruptions.  I feel like a firefighter who has to keep putting out fires.  Instead of living our lives, we are reacting to distractions and problems.   

This week has had a lot more interruption than most, even after stating that I wasn't going to take it anymore.  I've been forced three different times this week to take appointment times because I was desperate.  One was for a cat that was bitten and hurt, one was for a tooth filling of mine that needed adjusted, and one was for another cat that turned mysteriously ill and lethargic. 

The cats I had to get in right away and I took the first available.  Is that wrong?  I am responsible for their health and would feel awful if I just let them heal on their own.  Of course they got injured and ill on different days. 

The dentist office could only fit me in Tuesday at 5:40 PM, which is right in our dinner time which means I would have to feed the kids a really early meal or really late meal (we live 45 minutes away from the dentist), or I could wait till Friday and be in pain all week.  The receptionist hemmed and hawed on the phone while clacking away at the computer, untill I felt grateful and priveledged that they could see me at all. 

Christy advises a "rhythm of the home," and I am going to get one.  I think that I will be taking lessons from her and find out how she does it.  We need more peace in our lives.  It's not a matter of wanting more peace, but we really NEED it.  I think our stress levels are bringing back Sami's OCD and making us all grumpy and depressed. 

I will pray and ask God for guidance to lead us in a way that is best for us and to help us through this.  Too many interruptions are really affecting us in a bad way. 

No comments: