Tuesday, August 31, 2010

One Day of Math Down

The girls saw me pulling out the various math books that we have, and immediately started shrieking. Literally. Not happy shrieks, mind you.

I got the books out to get some ideas of what to do and where to head with math. I didn't even let them look at the books. I then picked up an abacus and started playing with it.

Sami saw me with the abacus, sat beside me, and wanted to play with it. I let her hold it. She wanted me to tell her again how to use it, so I explained it again. Then she wanted me to give her some problems to work out. I started telling her some word problems that I made up in my head, and she started working through them with the abacus. We added, subtracted, multiplied and divided.

Megan saw this going on, and she wanted to do it too. She got the little abacus that a friend gave us, and started doing the problems, too. They even learned about remainders today.

After they did this for a while, they wanted to know when the math lesson was going to begin.

Win!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go sweetie!

Amanda, the Head Nut said...

Thanks, Anonymous Dave!