Friday, July 16, 2010

Growing Up

I was watching my youngest daughter sleeping this morning. I love that she is eight years old. She is old enough to participate in all sorts of activities, yet young enough to see the wonder and magic in the world. She is very smart and can carry on an intelligent conversation.

While pondering this I realized that she will be nine years old in three months. It shocked me into the realization that she is growing up too fast! My oldest is ten years old and I already went through this with her, but I think it hit me harder this morning because I don't have any more "babies" to go through this.

It also makes me realize that I don't have an endless supply of time to make sure that they are educated enough to comfortably ease into college. I know nearly every homeschooler feels this way, that they are afraid of missing teaching their children something and leaving their children shortchanged. I felt that way even more this morning.

I hope I stay rational and not try cramming stupid facts and figures down their gullets. Stay the course and keep learning fun and meaningful. In the mean time, I'm going to research a pill that will prevent the girls from growing any more so that I can always have my little girls.

No comments: