Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Swimming Season is Here

The girls can finally quit asking me, "When will the pool be open?" fifty times a day. Even when I told them, they didn't listen and asked again, and again, and again. It wasn't a matter of understanding the calendar (even though I threatened to staple one to their shirts so they would quit asking). They were just so excited and couldn't wait.

Now they are asking, "When can we go to the pool?" I can see that this is going to be the theme this year. Everything is going to revolve around the pool. I just need to set some ground rules, such as:

  • I am not a pool toy. Sometimes I don't want someone hanging on my arms and neck giving me "indian burns" from hanging on to my bare skin.
  • When I float on my back, that does not mean, "Jump on!"
  • I like to relax and read on the lounge chairs. Please give me some relax time. Asking me fifty times to get in the water in a fifteen minute span does not constitute relax time. That goes double if I have to reread the same page six times because of the constant interuptions.
  • I have to get in the water at my own speed. Badgering me will not hurry the process. Badgering me merely turns me into a badger who gets vicious in the water.

I do enjoy going to the pool with the girls. They get such a kick out of it. Sami has been jumping off the diving board a few years now, and Megan has been going off the diving board solo this year (she did a couple of years ago, but lost her nerve last year). It's good excercise and fun at the same time.

No comments: