Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Joshua Bell

Thanks to my sister-in-law alerting me, I was able to score four free tickets to see Joshua Bell perform in Bloomington next week. Tickets went on sale at 10 AM, I got four at ticketmaster.com right at 10AM, and I guess that they sold out immediately. These tickets are normally very expensive, but because he is now an Indiana University faculty member, he was performing for free this time.

I was rather embarrassed when she called, because I wasn't really sure who Joshua Bell was. After she told me about Bell, I also did a little research on the Internet. Then my 2 DD's and I listened to him perform on Youtube, and he was darned good!

He played the violin so beautifully, so we are really looking forward to hearing him perform next Wednesday. We love music of all kinds, but I guess I'm just not worldly when it comes to specific performers. Time to expand our horizons! The girls are taking piano and voice lessons already, so now maybe they'll pick up the violin...

No comments: