Saturday, September 20, 2008

Busy Week!

We've all had those kinds of weeks, and this was definitely one of them. Despite being so busy, I think we all learned a lot. Between appointments, parties, lessons, music, gymnastics, play dates, errands...there was something going all the time.

The high light was seeing Joshua Bell play his Stradivarius. Bell is a Bloomington, Indiana native who attended Indiana University and is now a lecturer there. The music was FANTASTIC. He played part of the Red Violin score (written by Corigliano) among other pieces. I am not an expert on music, but I sure loved every minute of it.

Sami slept through part of it, but Megan sat in my lap with her eyes closed and patted me through it and peeked at me occasionally. They were not complaining that they were bored one bit...I think the music relaxed them so much that they had a hard time keeping their eyes open. They've been up that late before, but at parties. This was their first time being up late hearing classical music.

The girls have been learning about China for a couple of weeks now. At our HS Fun Club, they got to make Chinese stamps, play Chinese jump rope, and eat ramen noodles with chop sticks. They had a lot of fun with that!

No comments: